Portal Home > Knowledgebase > SMCP > SMCP FAQ
- What is SMCP (SPAM Manager for cPanel)?
SMCP is a management application plugin for cPanel that allows management of the DSPAM spam filtering software installed on a cPanel server.
- What is DSPAM?
DSPAM is an open source statistical spam filter created by Jonathan Zdziarski. It is currently maintained by the DSPAM Community Project. For additional information visit the DSPAM project site at http://dspam.sourceforge.net. The DSPAM copyright and trademarks are owned by the DSPAM Community Project.
- Is DSPAM bundled with SMCP?
No, DSPAM is not a part of SMCP since SMCP is a management application for DSPAM and not a SPAM filtering product. SMCP cannot be installed via the installer and will not work unless DSPAM is already installed on a cPanel server.
- What are the steps for configuring Exim on a cPanel server for use with DSPAM and SMCP?
The SMCP RPM will configure Exim for use with DSPAM and SMCP as part of the installation process. DSPAM must already be installed for the installation process to complete when attempting to install SMCP
- Are there any specific configuration settings that are required when building DSPAM for use with SMCP?
Yes, there are some specific configuration settings that are required when building DSPAM for use with SMCP. There is a knowledge base article on building DSPAM for use with SMCP here.
- How much does a license for SMCP cost?
A license for SMCP costs $24.00 per year per server.
- How do I purchase a license for SMCP?
To purchase an SMCP license just "click here". You should also check our knowledgebase article on how to order SMCP.
- Is there a free trial license for SMCP?.
Yes, a 60 day free trial license can be obtained here.
- What is the refund policy?
We DO NOT provide refunds for SMCP because we offer a 60 day free trial so it can be evaluated before purchasing a license. So all sales of annual licenses for SMCP are NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Are there screen shots?
Yes, screen shots can be accessed here.
- Is any data on the spammers collected?
Yes, we do collect the spammer data and have a few ideas on what to do with it but for the moment all we do is collect it.
Add to Favourites Print this Article
SMCP Features (Views: 2029)